Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I must say

It is difficult to decide just what to do next in the spring. I want to sit in the natural light and bead my fingers off. But then a little spring cleaning is most likely in order. Winter was a very long season here in the Berkshire Hills. I am grateful for the lovely day we have had even though the little black flies have emerged and are seeking our skin, so tender from being covered safely all winter.
I have discovered that I am quite addicted to French/Victorian Beaded Flowers. After making the bouquets for my daughter's wedding I have continued the craft and feel that I am improving the skill. My flowers are becoming more professional looking. Less loose spots. Using the correct wire and good quality beads seems to be a key to this little seen art form.
A niece-in-law is looking for some stems to add to her "real" flower bouquet for an August wedding. Tea roses and stephanotis were the order. I researched and even purchased a pattern or two for the stephanotis and then ended up working it out myself in a more palatable way for myself.
Beaded flowers are definitely a "practice makes perfect" thing. I use some patterns but then have found ways to work more comfortably as I go along. This is not a craft for someone who keeps a perfect manicure. Your hands take quite a beating sometimes. The process as well as the finished product is wonderfully satisfying. I will add photos here for people to see. Until then you will just have to take my word for it.

No comments: