Tuesday, October 7, 2008

didja ever?

Did you ever get the feeling that there is sooooo much to do that you can't seem to decide where to begin? Well, my friends. I feel that way, way too often. So many projects, I sometimes find myself wandering around and can't remember where I started. I did catch the mate to that tap shoe last week and began a set up row of beading. I'm almost afraid to begin because I will probably sit in one place for a loonngg time. The first shoe took so many hours that I am not sure when I started and if I will ever really finish it. I have been needle felting a foot; yes you heard correctly, a foot, complete with toes, toenails and perhaps even polish. A toe ring? They are all the rage. My daughter finds that a little creepy, but I can't seem to stop myself. If it ends up looking like a real foot, I may  have to keep it beside the shoe because I won't want to cover up the details. 
Needle felting is a strangely addictive activity. We took a class in March at (Webs...hooray!) and made dolls. Now you must know that I am not the drawing and sculpting type. I try and woefully fail so I tend to stay away from such things. But I found the craft to be so very forgiving that I actually finished the doll (complete with breasts and bottom I might add) and have been very pleased with her. She is in need of a tiny beaded necklace, earrings and purse, but those will come later. 
Anyway, the other night, what with it being October and all) I needed a pumpkin. So I sat down with that deadly little needle, (I use one and not a bobbin full) and started stabbing away. A short time later I had the form and then added the color and then a stem, leaf and vine and I was so happy with it. Needle felting makes me feel almost artistic. 
Today the sun is shining and the leaves are turning and it is only 37 degrees. I will be felting a bunch of things I have accumulated the last week or so; a couple of bags for halloween, (hey check out the candy corn felted pattern at lion brand; it is cute) and then a purse or two for a Christmas fair. I have a basket full of felted ornaments to embellish with beads and so it goes. I suppose fall cleaning of my home calls to me, but gosh, there is so much to do. Maybe next week.

No comments: