Friday, December 21, 2007

always looking for an excuse to knit

And if I can add a bead or 327, then I am a happy girl. New England winters are long here and I am forever holding something in my hand. Knitting needles, crochet hook, beading needles, you name it. I know what televsion personalities sound like, but tend not to look up often enough to catch what they look like. (might drop a stitch you know). My husband's most repeated phrase is "you're knitting again?". I think he's jealous. The puppy has to climb into my lap and put her nose onto the project to get her attention. If I could walk the dog and knit, well.....
I am forever shopping for needles. The dog especially loves the flavor of bamboo circular needles; you know the expensive ones.
We are considering redecorating with hammocks suspended from the ceiling to keep the yarn and needles out of the dog's reach. I am constantly re-organizing and still can't manage to corral it all. My resolutions not to buy another skein fly out the door when I see the Sale flyer or sign. Webs is a favorite haunt and it's an hour away so you CAN'T NOT pick something up. It would be a waste of energy.
The latest project has been elf hats for the family for Christmas day. We are volunteering at a big children's party and everyone NEEDED a hat. (okay, they didn't, but I made them anyway) I will take pictures and share as soon as I can figure out the flickr stuff. Time to make just one more hat.

No comments: